Welcome to my new blog. As much of my blogging is related to autism, I wanted to set up a specialised blog to focus on just autism. My other sites YourPsychology.co.uk and the Your Psychology Blog cover a broader range of child psychology topics. You can find out more about me here.
Of special interest at the moment are the impending changes to the DSM criteria for diagnosing autism and related conditions. The implications of these changes are not clear, but some current diagnoses will no longer exist – including Asperger’s Syndrome and Pervasive Developmental Disorder-Not Otherwise Specified (PDD-NOS). I’ll be writing much more about these issues.
I will also use the blog to distribute tips and strategies for parents and teachers to use when supporting children with autism. These will be from research evidence, and also from my professional experience of supporting children with autism and challenging behaviour.
Check out my existing Autism links here:
- Autism on YourPsychology.co.uk
- On The Origin of Autism
- Using Robots to Educate Children With Autism
- Multiple-intelligence Theory & Autism
- Light It Up Blue for Autism Awareness Day
- Autism Interventions Summary
- Autism Created in Mice
- Shocking Treatment for Children with Autism
- Weighted Therapy for Children with Autism – Free Ebook (Edited by Gary Lavan, Foreword by Gary Lavan)
Don’t forget to sign up for email updates (see the sign up box at the top right of this page). Also, you might like to receive my psychology email newsletter which I send out from time to time.